Sunday, July 28, 2013

Review Kyary Pamyu Pamyu live in Union Square

A wonderful Sunday with a wonderful crowd in San Francisco for Kyary Pamyu Pamyu!(>∀<人)━━♪♪ July 28th was the pop princess's first concert in SF, and Union Square was filled with many people for Kyary. Hundreds circled the outdoor stage, watching Kyary sing and dance. There were talented backup dancers and lovely Kyary captured the stage with energetic and Kawaii dances. We wanted to dance! Many fans put up their hands and followed Kyary's fist pumps and moves. She jumped and danced the entire time.


She greeted the crowd in cute Japanese, fans understood her and cheered! The fans of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu in San Francisco were awesome♪  Everybody looked so cool while enjoying amazing songs PONPONPON, Fashion Monster, Invader Invader and more. We had a great time watching KYARY PAMYU PAMYU in San Francisco, so happy she came!! Thank you Kyary Pamyu Pamyu♥+.。゚(●ノω`o)゚.+:。

Those who were there, how was the experience seeing Kyary's show? What was your favorite moment, song, anything? Tell us in comments! Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Best day of my life. I really cried when I saw her perform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before this concert in SF, I had been lucky enough to see her perform twice in person - first at Zepp Fukuoka and then in LA, both as part of her World Tour. While an outdoor venue meant audio limitations and the inability to use lighting and other effects, it was an interesting change of scenery for a KPP concert and I was also glad that passersby and local shoppers could listen in and maybe become new KPP fans unexpectedly! I'm sure that like other fans at the time, I wished the setlist could have been longer but it was still very enjoyable, and the handful of songs that were performed were definitely chosen well, especially in terms of popularity and ability for audience participation. I was really hoping she would perform CANDY CANDY too (definitely one of my favorites, unfortunately it wasn't part of this setlist), but still, it was great to see a lot of fans jumping and fist pumping with the songs, and even dancing along with some parts!

    All in all, it seems like everyone who was lucky enough to be there had a great time! Kyary certainly seemed to be enjoying herself too. Hopefully this event gives a lot of encouragement to her and her staff to come back to perform in the USA again soon (and maybe be a good sign for other groups like Perfume, capsule, etc. to make the trip over), and I hope the exposure from this event will help to grow her ever-increasing American fanbase even more! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was also my second time seeing Kyary, the first being in LA. Even though the set was much shorter, I was still super excited to see Kyary (plus so happy she at least got to sing my favorite song Invader Invader)! It was also really nice to hear the artists that performed before her. I thought maybe I wouldn't like them but they actually were amazing! The only negative thing I might have to say about the whole concert is that there was just one super tall guy obstructing my view some of the time, and he was with security or was an official person for the concert so he wasn't allowed to move... Other than that I had such a great time singing and dancing along to all the songs! Please come back Kyary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crowd was pretty dead and that was disappointing. I loved seeing her though, it just would've been nice being surrounded by people as excited to see her as I was instead of a bunch of people who just stood there like statues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was amazing! This was my first time seeing her... she did not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Blogger for SF TOKYO news community and page on Facebook. We will be blogging about Jpop/Kpop/Jrock, Asian fashion, and pop culture news and events happening around SF ヾ(・ω・)☆*